"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5b







Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Headache Continues....

I am currently at home....but it has been a long journey and I am not finished yet. After leaving Charles Cole still with a Migraine. I spent the day at home and then my dad and I decided to drive up to Stong's Memorial in Rochester on a Saturday night to the ER. What a trip that was....the ER was packed. We saw people with head wounds there were gunshot victims coming in and needless to say I was at the back of the line. We got there at about 9:30pm and did not leave until around 2:30 pm the next day with only a little bit of relief. The relief lasted for about a day and then I ended up going to Olean on Monday night....they too were quite busy, they did everything possible but no success. They decided to admit me, but I sat in the ER for 18 hours. Needless to say I am not to excited about going to the ER these days especially with migraines. I spent Tues and Wed and then on Thurs I was transferred to Elmira because that is where my neurologist is, thinking that she would be able to treat me and I could go home since this has gone on in the past. The treatments failed so they stood around wondering what to do. They decided that Rochester would be the place to go. So that took a few days to work out. Meanwhile they are feeding me narcotics and hoping to keep me comfortable. They found an excepting doctor, but no beds. I waited 3 days for beds and then yesterday they came in and told me they would not accept my insurance. So I said send me home I will figure something else out. During all of this they had psychiatrist see me to see if my migraines were related to depression, stress, or panic disorder :) and put me on a massive dose of medication causing me to sleep all day one day. Now they want me to go see him for therapy.....came home and quit taking the medication and I am not going to therapy either. HEHE I go to the doctor this afternoon I am going to see where that gets me and may try to get to geisinger in Dansville, Pa they have a headache clinic there. Please continue to pray. It is because of your prayers that the Lord has given me strength to carry on.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...Praying for you! I hope the drs figure everything out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you poor thing. I can't believe how much you've gone through. =(
    You've been in my thoughts and prayers! I hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete