"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5b







Saturday, July 23, 2011

What a Headache!!

Thursday night after over 24 hours of having a migraine with no relief I decided to go to the ER to see if they could give me something to relieve the pain. I should have known better with my past experience. I had already taken my Imitrex at home (which the doctor had to change because of insurance), which had not even touched it. They decided to start out with some benadryl and compazine at first which did not work and then they started to give me mega doses of dilaudid. I think that I was on my 3rd dose and was really tired when they asked if I was doing any better and I said no but I am really tired and I don't even remember getting the shot. The next thing I remember is that I woke up with a lot of people over me telling me to breathe. Apparently I had turned very blue and almost completely stopped breathing...praise the Lord they found me when they did. I ended up spending the last two nights in ICU and I still have a pretty nasty headache. I am just very thankful to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment