"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5b







Thursday, July 14, 2011

Do I have the Faith to be Healed?

Last night at church the Pastor was preaching out of Acts 3 about the lame man at the gate Beautiful. The lame man was did not even have faith in God, but was just asking for alms at the gate as he did every day. He could do nothing but beg for money. He lived life like many people with POTS do, sitting around hoping to gain enough money to survive. The one thing that I have that he did not have is faith in Jesus Christ. However, the Lord did not overlook the lame man because he did not know Him. Acts 3:4-8 says, "And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with Johns, said, Look on us. And he gave heed unto them expecting to receive something of them. Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God."

The question that I had when I left church last night is Do I have the faith for God to heal me? If God can heal a man that does not even know that he can be healed that surely God can heal me, someone who has believed and trusted in God her whole life.

Matthew 17:20 says, "And Jesus said unto then, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard see, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." I need to have this kind of faith.

2 comments:

  1. Great chanllenge about faith :) I am praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just came across your post on POTS while looking for healing testimonies of POTS being healed, to give to a friend who has this sickness. I thought I would share a testimony with you, to encourage you... link is http://startaloverevolution.com/2010/08/tina-kirby/
    Also, I encourage you... God does want to heal you. There is no doubt in that. We know that if Jesus walked up to us in person, we would be healed... immediately, and 100%. That is the heart of the Father (as Jesus only did what he saw the Father do!)... so, as you wait patiently, and pursue your healing, please keep your eyes on that fact.

    ReplyDelete