"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5b







Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Suffering is No Comparison

Yesterday morning, I went for my Lumbar Puncture at 7:30am. I got to the Short Procedure Unit a little early. Much to my dismay they stated that I would need an saline lock IV in order to have the procedure, just in place so that if I passed out they could give me fluids or medication if needed. I have veins but they are teeny, tiny and it takes forever to get an IV started on me. The nurse was going to look, but something happened and she needed to go and attend to it. So needless to say 2 anesthesiologists were trying to get my IV started. I lost count of how many times they stuck me, but it was somewhere around 20 times, around 12 of them were in my neck. They finally had to do it under ultrasound. I was very disrought...it took almost 2 hours of constant sticking. Then I had to go through the lumbar puncture which was another couple of very painful needle sticks in my spine. So needless to say I was FULL OF HOLES.

However, no matter how many times that I was poked, nothing comes close to the suffering that Jesus faced for me on the cross.
He was falsely accused (Matthew 26:59--"Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;")

Held captive instead of a murderer (Mark 15:7,11 "And there was one named Barabbas, which lay bound with them that had made insurrection with him, who had committed murder in the insurrection.But the chief priests moved the people, that he should rather release Barabbas unto them.")

Spit on, made fun of and hit (Matthew 26:67--"Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands,")

Betrayed and denied by His closest followers/friends--Judas and Peter (Matthew 26-27)

He was scourged or brutally whipped (Matthew 27:26)

He was stripped naked and the soldiers made a mockery of Him by placing a crown of thorns on His head and placing a scarlet robe on His back bowing before Him and saying, "Hail, King of the Jews" (Matthew 27:28-29--"And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe. And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!")

When He thirsted He was given vinegar to drink (Matthew 27:34--"They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.")

Soldiers mocked Him while he died (Mark 15:24--"And when they had crucified him, they parted his garments, casting lots upon them, what every man should take.")

He was placed between 2 thieves like a criminal (Mark 15:27--"And with him they crucify two thieves; the one on his right hand, and the other on his left.")

Continuously mocked while on the cross (Mark 15:29-32--"And they that passed by railed on him, wagging their heads, and saying, Ah, thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, Save thyself, and come down from the cross. Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save. Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.")

His Father turned His back on Him (Mark 15:34--"And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?")
THANK YOU JESUS FOR SUFFERING FOR THE PENALTY OF MY SIN AND FOR ALLOWING ME TO COME TO KNOW ME AS YOUR CHILD. PLEASE HELP ME TO CONTINUALLY REMEMBER THAT NO MATTER WHAT SUFFERING I FACE YOU HAVE FACED FAR GREATER. YOUR OWN FATHER FORSOOK YOU AND YOU HAVE STATED THAT YOU WILL NEVER DO THAT TO ME.
HEBREWS 13:5--"LET YOUR CONVERSATION BE WITHOUT COVETOUSNESSL AND BE CONTENT WITH SUCH THINGS AS YE HAVE: FOR HE HATH SAID, I WILL NEVER LEAVE THEE, NOR FORSAKE THEE."

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for this!! I prayed for you yesterday on my way to work. So sorry that you had to go through all of that. I'm praying that this LP was not in vain and gives you some answers!!
    Love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, that doesn't sound fun. =(
    Miss you!! (and always praying of course)

    ReplyDelete