"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5b







Sunday, September 4, 2011

This is the Day that the Lord hath Made Let Us Rejoice and Be Glad in It!

This morning I had the great opportunity to attend church once again this Sunday morning. I always enjoy spending Sundays in church. I am always blessed not only in the preaching, but also in the song service. This morning was no different. We sang two of my favorite hymns and they both brought tears to my eyes because of the promises from God's Words that they hold.

HOW FIRM A FOUNDATION----(What a great reminder that GOD is our Foundation and will get us through the difficult trials and will never leave us nor forsake us.)

How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in His excellent Word!
What more can He say than to you He hath said,
You, who unto Jesus for refuge have fled?

Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen and help thee, and cause thee to stand
Upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand.

When through fiery trials thy pathways shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply;
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine.

The soul that on Jesus has leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to its foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake.




STANDING ON THE PROMISES

Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.

Refrain
Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I’m standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
Standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God.

The Lord really is a great and awesome God. I need to remember that I need to stand daily on His promises. Today He allowed me to have a fairly good day, PRAISE THE LORD. I went to church and out to dinner with my Pastor and his wife. I did have a headache when I got home, so I took my pain medication and it actually brought it down to a low roar, which is a huge blessing because before this did not work. I am thankful for a pretty good day. Praying I will have more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment