"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5b







Friday, September 6, 2013

Spring


It is hard to believe that I have been in South Africa for almost a  month. The Lord is allowing me to do some wonderful things here. It is now Spring (started on Sunday). The last couple of days have been absolutely beautiful.

I am really enjoying teaching the children at church and in the township. The children here are so beautiful and I have already fallen in love with each one of them. I started helping out at the Emzini Skills Center last week and was there this week as well. I am helping the ladies with a project they are working on to sell. They are making purses and they are beautiful. Some of the women's testimonies are amazing. They have come to Jesus to get away from the ways of their ancestors.

I was able to spend a day in Plettenberg Bay with the Schmidt family. I had a very enjoyable time and the views are breath taking. I also finally figured out what a "braai" is, a bbq. On my way home I saw two different places where there were several baboons sitting along the side of the highway. It was quite strange to see them just sitting there.

I had the opportunity to start teaching my health lessons at the school. The first lesson was about germs and handwashing. The kids are very receptive. Of course, they were making fun of the fact that I could not pronounce their African names properly. We had a great time.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go on a guided tour of the township. It is very eye-opening to here about why they live in these areas. There are over 20, 000 people that live there and many of them live very poorly.

Please continue to pray for me as I continue with ministry opportunities here.

No comments:

Post a Comment